Summer of Peace- A Poem
I was going to write an entry about the peace that I felt this Summer but the more I thought about it, the more I thought it would be fun to describe it in a poem since I haven't wrote a poem in awhile. It is a prefect topic for one and I think it would also be easier because I wouldn't go on and on about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Summer of Peace
Summer of Peace.
What does that feel like?
If you would have asked me
That two Summers ago
I would have been like,
"I have no idea" but
Now I do.
Summer of Peace is
It is where you might
Start to worry if you
Are going to have a
Hard and busy Summer.
It is where you just
Have hope that things
Will get better after
Things calm down.
But Guess What?
Summer of Peace is
A Summer where you
Don't have to worry
About a thing.
It is a summer where
You can get rid of that
Fear that you have
Held on for what feels
Like 2 summers in a
Row.
Summer of Peace is
Where you get to do
Things that you haven't
Done in awhile.
It is a summer where
Things just lift off your
Shoulders.
Where you can just have
Fun. You can just relax.
Summer of Peace is
Where you only work
Part Time. It is where
You have 3 days off of
Work where you can
Just do nothing.
It is a summer where
You don't have any
Big plans or want to
Clean anything.
Summer of Peace is
(Ok I lied) where you
Might have one big
Thing plan like a
Trip. It is a trip that
You can relax on and
That you need to get
That Peace from. A
Trip that gets you away
From everything and
Reminds you that what
You have is enough.
Summer of Peace is
Where you are thankful
That you can just live.
It is where you are
Thankful that someone
and maybe even
Some things reminded
You that you just need to
Take it easy once in
Awhile.
Summer of Peace is a
Great Summer to have!
Forget everything
But at the same time
Appreciate every thing.
Make sure to have one
Summer like this one every
Once in awhile!
By: Tiffney Curtis
On: July 28th, 2026
Comments
Post a Comment