A Keepsake Letter to Myself
Dear Tiffney,
I want to remember what I learned from this season.
An old friend unexpectedly reminded me of something I didn't even realize I had lost. I thought I was simply happy to see someone from my past, but over time I realized it was much deeper than that.
Being around the friend brought me a sense of peace. I felt happy, confident, and like myself again. For the first time, I realized how much fear had quietly taken over during the previous school year. I hadn't even recognized it until I experienced the contrast.
What surprised me most was that this friend didn't have to say anything special. The friend may not even realize how much the impact had on me. Yet this friend's presence reminded me of who I was before fear became so loud.
This old friend reminded me of:
- My joy.
- My peace.
- My confidence.
- My connection with children.
- The teacher I know God created me to be.
I realized that what I missed wasn't just teaching—it was the connection with children. I missed laughing with them, encouraging them, helping them grow, and feeling alive in those moments.
This experience also helped me see that I don't want to enter this new school year controlled by fear. I want to begin differently.
I want to start each day with prayer.
I want to be more outgoing instead of letting fear make me hide.
I want my classroom to be a place where every child feels loved, receives patience, and experiences peace.
I want to remember that I have years of experience with children and that I don't have to be perfect to make a difference.
If I get the chance to see my old friend this school year, I hope we simply get to catch up and hear about where life has taken each of us. Nothing complicated—just two old friends reconnecting.
Whether that happens or not, I have learned something I never want to forget:
I am not starting over.
I am returning to who I am.
Fear may have covered my joy for a season, but it never took it away.
The joyful, peaceful, confident teacher who loves children is still here.
My prayer for this school year is simple:
"Lord, help me walk into this year with love instead of fear. Fill me with peace, patience, joy, and courage. Help me remember who You created me to be, and let every child who enters my classroom experience Your love through me. Amen."
With hope,
Tiffney
Comments
Post a Comment