Remembering Who I Am
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
A Letter to Myself: Remembering Who I Am
For a long time, I felt like I lost myself.
Eight years of stress, trying to please everyone, carrying too much, and feeling overwhelmed slowly changed the way I saw myself. I became focused on surviving instead of enjoying life. Fear became loud, and I forgot what peace felt like.
Then someone came back into my life at a time when I needed a reminder of who I was.
His presence brought back feelings I thought I had lost — peace, confidence, joy, and the feeling of being myself again. He reminded me of a calmer version of me, the person underneath all the stress and fear.
I was nervous. I didn’t know what would happen. But I made a choice: I said “hey.”
It was a small moment, but it was a brave moment.
I realized:
“I can be nervous and still be brave.”
“I can take a step even when I’m afraid.”
“I am still capable of connecting.”
“I am still me.”
That moment showed me something I never expected: I could do something outside of my comfort zone. I could reach out. I could trust myself.
Maybe he didn’t give me something I didn’t have. Maybe he helped me remember something that was already inside me.
He reminded me that I am someone who can feel joy.
Someone who can connect.
Someone who can be confident.
Someone who can take a chance.
That one “hey” became a reminder that fear does not have to control every decision I make.
I started noticing what brings me peace:
- Helping children one-on-one
- Building meaningful relationships
- Taking things one step at a time
- Being in an environment where I don’t have to be pulled in eight different directions
- Having the energy to be myself again
I realized I don’t want to stop helping children. I just want to help them in a way that allows me to keep my own peace too.
A calmer path does not mean I am giving up. It means I am listening to what I need in this season of life.
The goal is not to never feel fear.
The goal is to remember:
“Fear does not get to make all my decisions.”
I want to choose peace.
I want to choose courage.
I want to choose joy.
I want to choose a life where I can breathe.
The moment I said “hey” was more than a greeting. It was a reminder:
“I am still here.”
“I can still be brave.”
“I can still find joy.”
“I can still become the person I was meant to be.”
Maybe this was the beginning of learning to trust myself again.
One step at a time.
One day at a time.
Peace over fear.
— Me
For a long time, I felt like I lost myself.
Eight years of stress, trying to please everyone, carrying too much, and feeling overwhelmed slowly changed the way I saw myself. I became focused on surviving instead of enjoying life. Fear became loud, and I forgot what peace felt like.
Then someone came back into my life at a time when I needed a reminder of who I was.
His presence brought back feelings I thought I had lost — peace, confidence, joy, and the feeling of being myself again. He reminded me of a calmer version of me, the person underneath all the stress and fear.
I was nervous. I didn’t know what would happen. But I made a choice: I said “hey.”
It was a small moment, but it was a brave moment.
I realized:
“I can be nervous and still be brave.”
“I can take a step even when I’m afraid.”
“I am still capable of connecting.”
“I am still me.”
That moment showed me something I never expected: I could do something outside of my comfort zone. I could reach out. I could trust myself.
Maybe he didn’t give me something I didn’t have. Maybe he helped me remember something that was already inside me.
He reminded me that I am someone who can feel joy.
Someone who can connect.
Someone who can be confident.
Someone who can take a chance.
That one “hey” became a reminder that fear does not have to control every decision I make.
I started noticing what brings me peace:
- Helping children one-on-one
- Building meaningful relationships
- Taking things one step at a time
- Being in an environment where I don’t have to be pulled in eight different directions
- Having the energy to be myself again
I realized I don’t want to stop helping children. I just want to help them in a way that allows me to keep my own peace too.
A calmer path does not mean I am giving up. It means I am listening to what I need in this season of life.
The goal is not to never feel fear.
The goal is to remember:
“Fear does not get to make all my decisions.”
I want to choose peace.
I want to choose courage.
I want to choose joy.
I want to choose a life where I can breathe.
The moment I said “hey” was more than a greeting. It was a reminder:
“I am still here.”
“I can still be brave.”
“I can still find joy.”
“I can still become the person I was meant to be.”
Maybe this was the beginning of learning to trust myself again.
One step at a time.
One day at a time.
Peace over fear.
— Me
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment