Less is More

September Theme: Less Is More

Apparently my ankle was like, “Since you refuse to slow down voluntarily, I have prepared a presentation.” πŸ˜‚

Lesson 1: I am the para, not the teacher.
I can do my job well, help my kids, and support the classroom without automatically taking on the teacher’s responsibilities.

Lesson 2: Adults can remember their own schedules.
I don’t have to be the person who notices, remembers, reminds, organizes, and fixes everything. I can do what is mine and let other adults carry what is theirs.

Lesson 3: People can make their own moves.
I don’t have to figure out whether they will be there, what everything means, or carry both sides of a possible friendship. I can care without chasing certainty. If they want to reconnect, they can carry their side too.

Lesson 4: Tiffney does not have to carry the whole dang building. 
Especially not while hobbling around on a sprained ankle!

So maybe September’s lesson really is:

LESS IS MORE.

Less reminding.
Less taking over.
Less overthinking.
Less carrying what belongs to somebody else.

More peace.
More boundaries.
More room for healing.
More energy for the people and things that are actually mine to carry.

“I can care without carrying everything.”

And next time, God, if You’re trying to teach me to slow down, I would appreciate a strongly worded memo instead of a sprained ankle. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Good Hearted Person- A Poem

Summer of Peace- A Poem

A Prayer for Teachers about Spiritual Warfare