Sayings

The Sayings I Want to Remember ❤️

Here are the words that came out of everything I’ve been learning:

“Less is more.”

“Less carrying. Not less caring.”

“Do what is mine. Leave what isn’t mine.”

“I can care without carrying everything.”

“You don’t need a smaller heart. You need a lighter load.”

“Am I helping them carry this, or have I picked it up for them?”

“Help when it’s mine to help. Put down what belongs to someone else.”

“I can have a huge heart without putting the whole world on my shoulders.”

“I can care about someone without carrying their choices.”

“I can care about my students without carrying the whole classroom.”

“I can care about Nathan without carrying the friendship for both of us.”

“I can love people without making myself responsible for everything.”

“Sometimes healthy love says, ‘This part isn’t mine to carry.’”

“I am the para. I will do my job well. I will help my kids. But I am not responsible for doing everybody else’s job too.”

“August taught me what I’m carrying. September teaches me what I can put down.”

“Less waiting. More living.”

“I’m done waiting for everything to change before I let myself have some peace.”

“I would rather know his choice than keep wondering whether I should ever give him the choice.”

“I’ll give him the choice, and then I’ll respect it.”

“I will make my choice, and I will let him make his.”

“I’m opening the door. Nathan gets to choose what happens next.”

“Open the door once. Then go live your life.”

“Open door. Open hand. No chasing.”

“I’ll open the door. I won’t pull him through it.”

“I don’t have to convince Nathan that I’ve changed. I behave differently because I have changed.”

“Give him the choice. Then let my respect for his choice show him who I am now.”

“I don’t have to prove that I’m different now. I can simply be different now.”

“Whatever happens, happens.”

And with my faith:

“God, whatever happens with Nathan, don’t let me miss what You’re teaching me through this.”

Maybe this is the lesson underneath all of it:

I care deeply. That is part of who I am. But caring does not require me to carry every person, every problem, every relationship, every classroom responsibility, or every unanswered question.

I can care and still let go.
I can love and still have boundaries.
I can help without taking over.
I can open a door without controlling who walks through it.
I can do my part and trust other people to do theirs.

Less carrying. Not less caring. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Good Hearted Person- A Poem

Summer of Peace- A Poem

A Prayer for Teachers about Spiritual Warfare